The Navigator is a scholarly journal intended to highlight the best and brightest work from Park University undergraduate students. Work is accepted across the disciplines from any undergraduate course.
Students are encouraged to submit research projects, essays, and other scholarly work. Faculty may also nominate student work. An email will be sent to the student notifying them of the nomination and requesting their consent.
- We accept submissions from currently enrolled Park University undergraduate students.
- Submissions must have been completed during the student’s undergraduate career at Park University.
- Submissions must be publishable in both print and online formats.
- Images, tables, and graphs are accepted and encouraged as long as they can be reproduced in print and online.
- Submissions should be in compliance with Park’s academic honor code.
- While creative spins on academic writing are accepted, pure creative writing (poems, short stories, etc.) is more suitable for Park’s literary journal the Scribe.
How to Submit:
- Submit your work as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your submission email, include the following:
- Your full name
- Park ID number
- Title of your piece
- The course and instructor your piece was written for
- A short description of the assignment your piece was written for
- Faculty members should include the same information as above in their nomination email.
All submissions must be received by December 31, 2022 to be considered for The Navigator’s third volume. However, we do accept submissions on a rolling basis. All submissions received after December 31, 2022 will be considered for the following volume.
Students will own their work’s copyright. All work published in The Navigator will be assigned the Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-ND which allows others to use the work in noncommercial settings (such as the classroom) only so long as credit is given to the author and no changes are made to the work.
All questions and submissions should be sent to email@example.com.